Welcome to Hattie Sherwood Campground
Welcome to this treasured space overlooking the north shore of Green Lake. With its location on a small drumlin, every single site offers panoramic views of the glorious shimmering lake and pond teeming with wildlife.
For almost 100 years, people have been enjoying a stay at this unique park. The tranquil, calming scenery is only part of the camping experience at Hattie Sherwood Campground. The park is filled with soaring, awe-inspiring hardwood trees allowing you a step back in time and an opportunity to fully embrace the Green Lake experience. With an on-site boat launch area (there is a fee), great hot showers, multiple acres to explore, fire pits and thoughtfully placed camping sites, Camp Hattie is the place to call home.
Across the street is Hattie Sherwood beach located on the shore of the lake. The beach is free to swim at and everyone is welcome to enjoy wonderful days in, under and over the water. New in 2024 is a permanent pier jutting far out into the water.
It’s only a few blocks to the marina, great beverage and dining spots, and of course, ice cream cones. Throughout the season, Green Lake has non-stop entertainment for all most days of the week.
Whether you are seeking a spot to unwind or passing through, make sure you take advantage of the great bicycling in the area…Loop the Lake, or spend time teaching loved ones to water ski or paddle board, sail, kayak, canoe, golf, bird watch or simply sit and read and occasionally look up and watch the bald eagles fishing and soaring high above.
Green Lake is a special place filled with endless opportunity to just be.
- Camping rates start at $36/night plus tax
- Please check our booking platform for rates and availability.
- All holiday stays have a three-night minimum
photo donated by Gretchen Feeney
- Red Sites (5,15,16,18,19,21) Small RV or tent - 20 amp
- Blue Sites (1,2,4,6,9,10,13,14,22,23) RV or tent with approval - 30 amp
- Green Sites "Premier" (3,7,8,11,12,17,25,26,27) RV only - 50 amp
- Camping Only Sites 28-38 - 20 amps
photo donated by Elaine Houser-Miller
Amenities / Recreation
- Boat Launch
- Kayaks, Canoes, and Row Boats for rent
- Sandy Swim Beach
- Hiking/Biking Trails
- Lake view
- Dump Station
- Potable Water
- Wood for sale
- Picnic Table & Fire Pit on each site
- Tent only sites available
- Electric Hook up only, No water hook ups available
photo donated by Green Lake Association
Hattie Sherwood Campground Rules
- Check In is 2:00pm. Check Out is noon
- You must check in prior to setting up.
- Your reservation must be paid in full before setting up
- Drop-In Campers must receive a confirmation prior to setting up
- Guests may stay for up to 9 consecutive days
- Campers under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or group leader
- Children must be with their parents or guardian after dark
- A reservation may be modified or canceled until 14 days prior to arrival.
- On behalf of the City of Green Lake, the Hattie Sherwood Campground management reserves the right to reassign committed sites.
- One camping unit OR one tent per site.
- One vehicle per site.
- No Fireworks, No Firearms, No Crossbows. NOTE: Shooting off fireworks in WI is illegal. You will be removed from the park. No Refunds and you may be prosecuted.
- Polite, Leashed Pets are Permitted
- Owners must clean up after pets
- Owners are liable for pet damages
- Owners are responsible for any pet related noise or other disruptive behaviors of their pets.
- No Carry-In Firewood. All firewood must be purchased on site.
- No moving picnic tables. No moving fire rings. No unattended fires. You must clean up your mess.
- Dirty sites may result in an additional fee.
- Quiet Hours run from 10:00pm-8:00am
- 5 mph speed limit throughout the campground
- NO golf carts. No ATV’s. No bicycling or skating after dark within the park
- No refunds for bad weather, neighbors or early departure
- Please be respectful of the grounds, staff, space, noise and others around you.
Rates are subject to change without notice
The city of Green Lake, Hattie Sherwood Campground assumes NO liability for accidents, injuries or loss on the premise. Management/local authorities reserve the right to terminate any stays creating a disturbance to others with NO refund. The city of Green Lake Hattie Sherwood Campground reserves the right to make camp policy changes at any time if deemed necessary and without advance notice.
Hattie Sherwood Campground: 451 South Lawson Drive - Green Lake, WI 54941
Call or Email for reservations: 920.229.1828 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open May 15th through Oct 20th
- Reservations welcomed and recommended.
- Firewood on site available for purchase.